Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Book Club


Since my full time job is taking care of two beautiful children all day long I must say that I know my colors, and all of my animal sounds pretty well. On a higher level of learning I will admit that I may be getting stupider and I was never very smart to begin with. I have decided it is time to further my education on my own so I am starting an online book club(I need someone else to motivate me) . I need something besides the easy reader Mormon mysteries that I so love, to get myself thinking. I would love it if you wanted to join me, anyone, even if you just happen upon my blog, join me. I am starting with the Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. It is a classic and I have heard from some very reliable sources that it is GREAT. I hope that I can keep up. If you want to join my club, leave me a comment and spread the word on your blog!

7 comments:

Shani said...

Uh, hello! Count me in. I just got Pride and Prejudice, so maybe after the Count of Monte Cristo, we can read that! So when should we have our first discussion?

Anonymous said...

I'm in. Even though I may be way behind you all the time. You'll have to push me really hard because I do want to be more open minded with my reading. Shani your going to have to push me pretty hard to read Pride and Prejudice. Just kidding I'm being open minded.

Anonymous said...

Rob is Ashley by the way. Can't figure out why it always says Rob.

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

Hey Brandy I got your blog link from Michelle, I hope that you don't mind!I loved looking at all of your cute picture. I swear you guys are such a perfect family! Your picture of the kids at the top is so cute I can't stand it! I love your book idea. If i weren't in the middle of two books right now I wuld join you. You'll have to let me know how it is. I am reading The Holy Secret by James L. Ferrell, I am a huge fan of his writng and absolutely loved The Peacegiver. If you haven't already read them I recomend it!Well now that I have written a novel, here is my link if you want, www.theterrillfamily.blogspot.com.

Nichelle said...

All of the pictures of your kids are so cute! I got you blog name for Michelle, I hope you don't mind me looking. I would join you book club, but I am weird and I don't really enjoy reading.

Brock and Kristina said...

great idea....maybe sometime I will join you. i have recently been facinated with new england history and the church history related to massachusettes. I am reading The House of the Seven Gables by Hawthorne (the actual house is about 30 minutes from me and I want to tour it after I read it) I'm going to attempt some biographiesn next that relate to the area here....we'll see how it goes. I don't think I've ever made it through a biography (so I might be a little to optimistic). But keep posting about the books you read...I want to join you sometime...and I might not get to far with the biographies.

Burk Family said...

I want to join! I have to finish Eclipse first but The Count...sounds like a good one, too.