Friday, September 19, 2008

Random Thoughts

Recently I have come across some really funny blogs and I love reading about peoples thoughts and am amazed at how creative people can be in their writing skills. I have decided that I have a boring blog and all I ever blog about is big things that we have done. I am going to try and branch out and think of other random, new and fun things that will keep my readers interested and to work on my creative writing skills. I am in no way blessed with being a writer nor am I funny, or creative so I will be getting ideas from other blogs and putting my own twist on them (or not). I will still post my traveling experiences, and cute pictures of my kids and such.

To start off with my new goal I would like to tell a little bit about myself. I HATE TO COOK, LOVE TO EAT. So those to don't go together very well because I never have anything good in my house to eat. I can follow a recipe just fine and make an alright meal. We are lucky if we get one side to go along with our casserole (Mitch informed me that a good meal always has 2 sides). I also crispify 50% of what I make. So the only time I really get to enjoy food is if my friend Michelle invites us over for dinner (hint hint, she is a GREAT cook) or if Mitch takes me out to eat. I also don't eat if I don't have oneone to make a meal for. Why would I do something that makes me so completely miserable if I don't have too....but then I starve.

So guess what I have eaten today. I slice of strawberry pie and a cookie, that yes, I so loving made for my husband and he hasn't had a bite of either (how rude). When I get rich I am hiring a cook.

9 comments:

Erin said...

Please don't invite me over for dinner, but you MAY drop off your strawberry pie. I have a great blog idea for you - ME! You could talk about how great I am and how much you adore and want to be like me - That would be a REALLY long post though.

Nichelle said...

I had no idea that you hated to cook. I love cooking! I wouldn't say that I am a great cook, but I try. I think this will be a fun way for us to learn more about you.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I feel the same way as you do. I read some peoples blogs just for the entertainment of their stories. I think mine is boring too. You do such a great job and it is always fun to see pictures of your cute kids!

the Murphys said...

I'm with you! I hate to cook, too. When Scott is out of town (and a lot of times when he is in town) we eat cereal. Sad, I know, but so easy. One great thing that I have found for sides is Birds Eye steamed vegetable and rice packets. Just pop them in the microwave, open and eat. And they are actually really good.

Brenda said...

We need to hook you up with some super simple recipes! I love to eat, so I have learned to love to cook! Love your blog, and I do think you are funny! Can't wait to learn more though!!!!

Shani said...

I wish I had time to cook. Not that I would use it to cook, it would just be nice to be home to do it. I too hate cooking only for myself. Wow. I think this is the most boring comment I have ever left.

Emilee said...

I'm one of the funny ones, huh. (that was definitely a statement, I don't want anyone, but me, to answer that one.) BTW, Erin's full of it. She let's her kids ruin perfectly good tomatoes in her own backyard - weirdo (jk).

Brandi I was so excited to see you on my blog. I had no idea you were out there. You have a beautiful family. And now I'm so excited to follow you guys.

Shelley said...

I feel the same way! Everyone is so halarious in their writing and mine is BORING! I need to step mine up too! :) We must have had the same english teacher at B-foot high! ;)

MJH Behrend said...

Hi Brandy

I forgot to tell you over July about an online class that I found to teach about Photoshop/Elements, it is at Dot Calm Village http://www.dotcalmvillage.net/onlineworkshops.html I've taken her art journaling and drawing classes. She is a fun fabulous teacher and believes in basics first. She is also a photography person first and foremost. Check her out, her classes start again in '09 for $50-$80 for a 6-10 week class :)

Also, I wanted to share with you our new Behrend Family blog at http://behrend3.blogspot.com/

I am thinking of making it invitation only in the future cause I don't want my pictures available on Google, so if you'd like go ahead and email us at behrend3@gmail.com and I'll get you an invite (don't know when it will be)

Thanks! Mike, Jessie and Hannah