Sunday, June 15, 2008

I love Summer




Last Sunday we didn't go to either of our families for dinner like we usually do so we decided to take a little trip to Mesa Falls and have a picnic. Luckily it didn't rain on us while we were there and Treyden loved the water falls and climbing all of the stairs. He is an animal child and probably would have loved to jump in for a swim. He was making me a little nervous.
Monday for family night we went to the zoo with our good friends from our ward. Treyden and their little girl had a great time looking at all of the animals. Of course Kenlee sat in the stroller and soaked it all in but didn't say much. My little sister Kelsey came with us. She is so good with my kids and they of course love her to death.
Saturday we went to the Legacy Flight Museum Air Show in Rexburg. Mitch was at scout camp so he missed out but I convinced my dad to go with us. It wasn't to hard cuz he loves airplanes and hanging out with his grandkids. My sister Jordan met us there. Treyden and Kenlee loved it. They had some really neat stunt planes, a jet, and some old war planes. It was really neat and the weather was perfect for it. Finally, summer is here. Knock on wood, cross my fingers.

10 comments:

Brenda said...

I am loving the weather as well! Today I just sat in my backyard, and because it was sunday it was so quiet! Looks like a fun weekend! Glad you made it staying by yourself for the night! I don't care for it much myself!

Nichelle said...

I love that it actually feels like summer outside. It sounds like you guys have done some fun things. We need to get out and do some fun things with our kids, if we could just get our yard done.

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

You guys are such troopers! I can't believe how many things you did in one weekend! It looks like a blast! I can't believe I haven't been to the zoo yet! We used to go everyday when we had a pass! HOORAY FOR SUMMER!!!!!

Amber said...

I sure hope summer is here to stay. Sounds like you had a great week!

The Miles Family said...

YEAH~ I love summer too! Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun. Love the pics...especially the last one with Treyden & the plane!

Luke and Amy Aplington said...

Hey Simmons Family,
It's Amy Davenport Aplington. Mitch was my FHE brother for a while. Abby is one of my closest friends and I found your blog on hers. You must know Abel from Blackfoot. Anyways your kids are adorable!!! You are a cute family! Luke and I are expecting our first (a boy) in September. We are so excited!! And you will have to tell Mitch that my brother Jason is getting married this summer. Maybe he can put in a good word for him to teach!! We'll have to do a triple date with the Chapparo's... funny story my husband actually dated Abby all through high school... It's all goog though!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've already had a busy summer! We used to love to go to Mesa Falls when I was a Ricks, but I don't think we've ever taken our kids!

Natalie♥ said...

Looks like you have been having a fun summer! Your kids are so cute, I just love Kenlee on Sunday she is so quiet and sweet.

The Batemans said...

I love Summer! The air show looked fun! Ashie is ready to go to the zoo again!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Summer is the best, you look great, I cant believe you have had 2 kids.